Friday, June 12, 2009

friday morning workout

I love friday morning workouts. I have been going to a great trainer now for a couple months and really love doing all of the strength training workouts. I (try) to go to the gym about 5 times a week to do cardio (an hour on the treadmill), but love to see anita (my trainer) once a week to get the strength training in. Anita tries to push me a little bit harder each session. Today she had me holding 10 pound weights while doing lunges, when i normally do them free handed. We split up the hour session with legs, arms, and abs and use the bosu ball a lot to help strengthen the core. During the session i usually feel like i'm dying, but afterwards I feel great. This morning I was tired and wasn't sure if I wanted to go, but I'm happy I did.
The hardest part is getting there.... once your there, its fun.

These are some of the workouts...

After my workout (for lunch) I had vanilla soy yogurt with a cut up nectarine and grapes, and am looking foward to a soy 1 splenda latte later!

try working out and eating healthy one day this weekend, you'll feel great!


No comments: