Saturday, May 14, 2011

6 AM WAKE UP CALL

Instead of the 7:20 AM alarm I usually set, I've been forcing myself to get up at 6 so I can fit my workout in before work.  I've been doing this for 2 weeks now and I'm hooked.  There are occasional mornings that eric and I look over at each other when the alarm goes off and immediately agree to hit snooze, but as long as I'm getting in 3 morning workouts a week I'm happy with myself. 

Not only are eric and I sporting the AM workouts but my brother Greg is as well. He woke up last week and did a 6:30 Spin& Row class that sounded awesome. He also did a 3.5 mile run in the park one morning.  I'm going to try to meet him there one day next week so we can get a run in together.  My gym doesn't offer classes that early.  The earliest one they have is 7, and that's too late for me.  Days that I don't feel like going to the gym, Eric and I have been trying out Insanity (I'll do a post on our insane Insanity workouts later on this week, so stay tuned).

I still come up with 100 excuses every morning as to why I should stay in bed and delay my workout for the evening, but hopefully it will get easier the more I do it.  I like the quote  “Motivation is what gets you started. Habits are what keep you going".  I'm hoping this becomes a habit of mine because I think AM workouts are the way to go.  I have a lot more energy through out the day, it's a great way to jump start your metabolism, and I don't have the 'need to workout after work' cloud hanging over my head the entire day.

I encourage everyone to wake up early one morning this week and squeeze a workout in.  30 minutes or 60 minutes, it doesn't matter, just break a sweat and i promise you wont regret it.

** Eric didn't get the memo that there is no need to set a 6AM wake up call on the weekends but his internal alarm clock got his ass up at 6:20 this SATURDAY morning.  Eric if your reading this - Don't wake me up before 8 tomorrow morning.  Please and thank you.


2 comments:

expandinghorizons said...

Excellent! Greg too, impressive.
Guess I should give it a go.

Ashley said...

ooh I am excited to hear about Insanity! Did you buy the discs or borrow them from someone?

I am awful about getting up early enough for a work out, but I have been trying to take Charlie on a mile long walk before work, so I feel like that sort of counts :)