That’s right, I’m a smoothie makin machine. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, it doesn’t matter, I’ll whip one up for any meal. Just like every other person in my family I get in to these ‘phases’. It to shall pass as soon as I find something else to interest me, but for now smoothie concocting it is.
There are 4 categories that make a good, well rounded, nutrient rich smoothie.
- BASE - Ice or Frozen Fruit
- LIQUID - Soy, Almond, or Rice Milk (plain/vanilla/chocolate) or Skim Milk, Water
- PROTEIN - Soy, Rice, or Hemp Protein (all non-dairy options) or Whey Protein (Eric’s fav)
- EXTRAS - Xanthium Gum (natural thickener), Yogurt, Spinach, Oats, Peanut Butter (another one of Eric's favs)
My Favorite smoothie so far has been my Euro Smoothie. I call it this because its tropical and gets me excited for my Mediterranean cruise in July.
- 1 cup of frozen pineapple-I get all of my frozen fruit from trader joes. cheap & good
- 1 cup of fresh strawberries (I leave the stem on, yum..roughage!)
- 1 cup of light soy, almond, or rice milk (whatever we have in the fridge)
- 1 Scoop of protein
- 2 pinches of xanthium gum
- *Optional – A scoop of vanilla yogurt
- BLEND AWAY
- Throw a handful of spinach leaves in and then continue to blend.
And that’s it! You’ve got your euro smoothie. I’m weird and poor it into a bowl and eat it with a spoon. I hope this has inspired you to make a smoothie! Feel free to share your creations.
2 comments:
do you have a blender? Is it the same one mom has? I made a smoothie pretty much every day I was home :)
No, unfortunately I do not have (nor do I know anyone else who has) the $500 blender that mom has (that she herself has never used). But I do have an awesome $30 bed bath and beyond blender that’s been with eric and I through out our college years.
Post a Comment